Friday, July 27, 2007

Positive thinking overcomes...



It isn't your position that makes you happy or unhappy, it's your disposition.

Bible text: But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. (1 Timothy 6:6,7 NIV).

A traditional Supervisor's Prayer states: Lord, when I am wrong, make me willing to change. When I am right, make me easy to live with. So strengthen me that the power of my example will far exceed the authority of my rank.

A positive attitude may not directly change your circumstances, but it will change the way you respond to your circumstances. The responses of positive people are far more likely to be:
- Active
- Solution oriented
- Generous towards others
- Involving of others
- Immediate or timely
- Rooted in dignity and respect

Positive people are much more likely than are negative people to turn their ideas into positive behaviour. Positive behaviour, in turn, does change circumstances, and nearly always so, for the better.

To grab hold of a slippery problem and rise above it, first grab hold of a positive thought!

No comments: