Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Created by God

Bible text: You are our Father; we are the clay, and You are our potter; we are all the work of Your hand. Isaiah 64:8

Thought: Don't be content with being average. Average is a close to the bottom as it is to the top. - Unknown

Prayer: Holy Father, You created me for Yourself and I realise my heart will remain restless until it rests in You. I confess my ambivalence. I want You to be Lord of my life, and yet sometimes I sense reservation within me. I want Your direction in my life, but at times I feel troubled about losing my own control. I need Your love and yet fear the implications of loving others as You have loved me. But there are times when I am reluctant to ask You to begin a vital spiritual awakening in my own heart.

Yet I am willing to be made willing. Help me to see what my life could be if I loved You with all my heart and removed the self-erected obstacles to trusting You completely. I want to open my mind to think magnificently with wisdom of Your Spirit, commit my will to seek the guidance of Your spirit, and face the challenges of this day with the power of Your Spirit.

No comments: