Friday, June 8, 2007

Majestic and powerful is God

Bible text: O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth . . . . What is man that You are mindful of him, and the Son of Man that you visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels, and You have crowned him with glory and honour. You have made him to have dominion over the work of Your hands.Psalm 8:1,4-6

Thought: Kneel before Jesus and you can stand before anyone

Prayer:Gracious God, ultimate Sovereign of our Nation and Lord of our lives, I am stunned again by Your majesty and the magnitude of the delegated dominion You have entrusted to me. I respond with awe and wonder and begin this day with renewed commitment to serve You.

In a culture that often denies Your sovereignty and worships at the throne of the perpendicular pronoun, help me to exemplify the greatness of servanthood. You have given me a life full of opportunities to serve and enabled me to live at full potential for Your glory. I humbler myself before You and acknowledge that I could not breathe a breath, think a thought, make sound decisions, or press on to excellence without Your power. You alone are the One I seek to please. I have been blessed to be a blessing. And so I greet this day with, "Life’s a privilege!" intentionally and "How may I serve?" incisiveness. Grant me grave and courage to give myself away to You and to others with whom I work this day.

No comments: