Monday, June 11, 2007

Prayer for help

Bible text: Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, "Here I am." Isaiah 58:9

Thought: When you think there is no one to turn to, God is waiting.

Almighty God, You said through the prophet Isaiah that when I call, You will answer, and while I am speaking, You would hear. I thank You that prayer begins with You. It originates in Your heart, sweeps into my heart, and gives me the boldness to ask for what You desire to give.

In my communion with You, Lord may the desires of my heart be honed by Your greater desires for me. Then, Lord, grant me the desires of my heart. And may my human understanding be surpassed by Your gift of knowledge, my inadequate judgment with Your wisdom, and my limited expectations with Your vision.

May this day be one continuous conversation with You. I ask this not just for my own peace and security, but also for my responsibility to loved ones and friends around me. The margin of human error is an ever-present concern. So I yield my mind, heart, will, and imagination to be channels for the flow of Your divine guidance. Without Your help I will hit wide of the mark. But with Your power, I cannot fail.

No comments: