Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Overcoming Pride

Bible text: God forbid that I should glory except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Galatians 6:14

Thought: Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18.

Prayer: Lord, forgive me when I try to grasp the glory for myself. It’s so easy to take pride in my accomplishments and what I’ve accumulated in my self-made kingdom of things. Help me to not miss the real purpose of life: to know You and emulate Your love, justice, and righteousness. Help me turn from all my lesser goals of life and focus on Your ultimate calling.

I commit this day to seeking that, which delights You. I want to give You the glory for all I have and am, and for the opportunities to serve You by being a servant to others and caring for what You have entrusted to me.

Make me an example of what it truly means to live life to Your glory and honour. Help me to point to You as the source of all that You have provided and all that You have enabled me to accomplish.

To You be the glory!

No comments: